Thanks to ophthalmologists, optometrists, facilities, and providers that partner with Alabama Lions Sight, our patients are able to see – to read, to work, to drive. A child can succeed academically, a man who lost his sight as a result of a car accident can return to work, an elderly woman can ward off the effects of glaucoma.
And for those that don’t even know they have a vision problem, we provide vision screenings.
Are you or someone you know eligible for free eye care? Qualified individuals:
- Meet or exceed the current Federal Poverty Guidelines for number of people in the household
- Have no other means of paying for eye care
- Are a U.S. citizen or legal resident
- Have resided in Alabama for at least 6 months
Still not sure? Call (205) 325-8519 or toll-free (800) 967-4448 to determine eligibility over the phone.
AN APPLICATION FOR SERVICES may only be initiated
throught a referral from a Lions Club.
How to Apply:
An application for services may only be initiated through a referral from a Lions Club:
- Contact your local Lions Club.
- Download and complete application.
- Give the completed application and all supporting documents to the local Lions Club to be processed.